SHELL TELLUS S2 M
Shell Tellus S2 M is an INDUSTRIAL HYDRAULIC FLUID
PREVIOUSLY SHELL TELLUS
Shell Tellus S2 M fluids are high performance hydraulic fluids that use Shell’s unique patented technology to provide outstanding protection and performance.
LONG FLUID LIFE-MAINTENANCE SAVING
- Thermally stable in modern hydraulic systems working in extreme conditions of load and temperature. Shell Tellus S2 M are highly resistant to degradation and sludge formation therefore improving system reliability and cleanliness.
- Resist oxidation in the presence of air, water and copper. Turbine Oil Stability Test (TOST) results show outstanding performance for Shell Tellus S2 M; low acidity, low sludge formation, low copper loss; therefore helping to extend oil drain interval life and reduce maintenance costs.
- Shell Tellus S2 M have good chemical stability in the presence of moisture, which ensures long oil life and helps to reduce the risk of corrosion and rusting.
OUTSTANDING WEAR PROTECTION
- Proven anti-wear additives are incorporated to be effective throughout the range of operating conditions, including low and severe duty high load conditions. Outstanding performance in a range of piston and vane pump tests; including the tough Denison
T6C (dry and wet versions) and the demanding Vickers 35VQ25.
MAINTAINING SYSTEM EFFICIENCY
- Shell Tellus S2 M are suitable for ultra-fine filtration, an essential requirement in today’s hydraulic systems. Unaffected by the usual products of contamination, such as water and calcium, which are known to cause blockage of fine filters. Customers can use finer filters, therefore achieving all the benefits of having in use cleaner fluids.
- Shell Tellus S2 M possess high lubrication properties and excellent low friction characteristics in hydraulic systems operating at
low or high speed. Helps prevent stick-slip problems in critical applications enabling very fine control of machinery.
- Careful use of additives to ensure quick air release without excessive foaming. Quick air release helps minimise cavitation and slow oxidation, maintaining system and fluid performance.
- Good water separation properties (demulsibility). Helps resist the formation of water-in-oil emulsions, to help avoid consequent
hydraulic system and pump damage.
- Shell Tellus S2 M are suitable for a range of other industrial applications.
- Industrial hydraulic systems.
- Mobile hydraulic fluid power transmission systems.
- Marine hydraulic systems.
COMPATIBILITY AND MISCIBILITY
- Shell Tellus S2 M are compatible with most pumps. However, please consult your Shell representative before using in pumps containing silver plated components.
- SEAL AND PAINT COMPATIBILITY
- Shell Tellus S2 M are compatible with all seal materials and paints normally specified for use with mineral oils.
- SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS HAS THE APPROVAL OF:
- Cincinnati Machine: P-68 (ISO 32), P-70 (ISO 46), P-69 (ISO 68)
- Dension Hydraulics: (HF-0, HF-1, HF-2)
- Eaton Vickers: M-2950 S
- DIN 51524 Part 2 HLP type.
MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF:
- ISO: 11158 (HM fluids)
- GM: LS/2
- AFNOR: NF-E 48-603
- Mannesman Rexroth (RE): 90 220-1
- Swedish Standard (SS): 15 54 34 AM.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Schmierstoffe? Just give us a call.