SHELL OMALA S3 GP
Shell Omala S3 GP is a SPECIAL APPLICATION INDUSTRIAL GEAR OIL
RECOMMENDED REPLACEMENT FOR SHELL MINE GEAR 1500
Shell Omala S3 GP oil is a specialist ‘problem solving’ lubricant developed to lubricate industrial gearboxes subject to extremely high and heavily shock loaded operations such as those found in steel, cement, mining and quarrying industries. They are formulated for use where ultra-high levels of extreme-pressure performance are required.
LONG OIL LIFE
- Shell Omala S3 GP oil is formulated to resist thermal and chemical breakdown throughout the maintenance interval. They help resist the formation of sludge to provide good oil life capability even at temperatures up to 100°C.
EXCELLENT WEAR AND CORROSION PROTECTION
- Shell Omala S3 GP oil is formulated with high levels of extreme pressure and anti-wear additives properties to help ensure optimal gear and bearing protection even under the severest operating conditions.
- Shell Omala S3 GP has excellent corrosion protection, protecting steel components, even in the presence of contamination by water and solids.
MAINTAINING SYSTEM EFFICIENCY
- Shell Omala S3 GP oil has excellent water separation properties, such that excess water can be drained easily from lubrication systems to help maintain the integrity of critical oil films and extend the life of the gears.
- Highly loaded gears.
- Shell Omala S3 GP oil is designed for use in enclosed industrial gear systems subject to severe operating conditions including high shock loading applications.
WORN OR DAMAGED GEARS
- The oil can be used in older gear systems that may be damaged or misaligned. The extreme pressure performance provides additional protection in such applications.
- Shell Omala S3 GP oil is suitable for lubrication of bearings and other components in circulating and splash-lubricated systems.
- For normal load applications the other Shell Omala ‘G’ series oils are recommended.
- For automotive hypoid gears, the appropriate Shell Spirax Oil should be used.
SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALSAND RECOMMENDATIONS MEETS:
- ISO 12925-1 Type CKD, except ISO 680 and 1500
- ANSI/AGMA 9005-E02 (EP)
- US Steel 224
- DIN 51517-3 (CLP), except ISO 680 and 1500
- David Brown S1.53.101E, except ISO 680 and 1500
- Arcelor Mittal FT163
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Schmierstoffe ? Just give us a call.