SHELL IRUS FLUID DR
Shell Irus Fluid Dr is a HFD-R TYPE FIRE-RESISTANT HYDRAULIC FLUID
Shell Irus Fluid DR is a tri-aryl phosphate ester fire-resistant hydraulic fluid and contains carefully selected additives to give superior oxidation and hydrolytic stability characteristics.
- Good fire resistance.
- Non-toxic under EEC regulations.
- Extended fluid change intervals.
- Pump life similar to life with mineral hydraulic oils.
- Fire resistance maintained during the life of the fluid.
- Compatible with most seal materials.
- Hydraulic and power transmission systems used in the steel and mining industries and other applications which call for a fire resistant hydraulic fluid.
- Die-casting machines.
- Billet loaders.
- Electric arc furnaces.
- Forging presses.
- Welding robots.
- Continuous casting machines.
- Hydraulic presses.
- Extrusion presses.
COMPATIBILITY AND MISCIBILITY
- Butyl, Viton, Ethylene/Propylene.*
- Epoxy resin paints are compatible.
- Satisfactory with common constructional metals. Aluminium and its alloys should be hard anodised and not used as bearing surfaces.
The lubricating properties of Shell Irus Fluid DR compare favourably with those of an equivalent mineral oil of the same viscosity. As a result, in many pumps, they show similar performance (bearing life and wear properties) to mineral oil, although some slight de-rating may be necessary at very high loads. Contact with the pump manufacturer is advisable before use
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Schmierstoffe? Just give us a call.