AEROSHELL Oil Sport PLUS 4
Developed in conjunction with ROTAX ® AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 is the first oil specifically developed for light
sport aviation piston engines such as the ROTAX ® 912 & 914 series. A combination of low cylinder head
temperature (compared with air cooled engines), low oil consumption and the engine internals requires a blend of
high quality hydrocarbon base stocks, incorporating synthetic technology which allows full performance with
different fuel types. This oil can be used in all climates.
Performance, Features & Benefits
- First specific oil for Light Sport and Very Light/Ultra light aircraft engines.
- Promotes engine cleanliness.
- Helps keep engines sludge and varnish free.
- Helps reduce oil consumption.
- Helps engines reach TBO (Time Between Overhauls).
- Protects highly stressed engines parts against scuffing and wear.
- Anti-foaming additives to maximise lubrication effectiveness especially for those engines operating an integrated gearbox.
- Better cold flow characteristics for easier starts and quicker protection.
- High thermal stability for longer-lasting and safer lubrication.
- Can be used in any climate.
- Advanced anti-rust and anti-wear package.
- AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 is intended for use in four-stroke (four-cycle) aircraft piston engines that are of an original automotive design and which cannot, therefore, use traditional Ashless Dispersant aircraft engine oil types. These engines include carburetted, fuel-injected and turbocharged types such as the ROTAX® 912 & 914 series.
- AeroShell Sport Plus 4 may be used in integrated gearbox and wet clutch systems.
- AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 can be used in engines which operate on both unleaded gasoline and Avgas 100LL. The correct choice of additives and good solvent properties allow the oil to handle lead by-products that can form a semi solid sludge in the oil which can restrict oil passages and compromise lubrication. AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 is superior in this respect to those oil types intended for automotive/motorcycle application.
- Please refer to Operators Handbook/Manual for the correct oil drain interval when operating on different fuels.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- Approved to ROTAX specification RON 424
- Listed in Rotax Service Instruction SI-912i-01/SI-0912-016/SI-914-019 “Selection of Suitable Operating Fluids for Rotax Engine Type 912 and 914 (Series)” as an Aviation oil tested and released by BRP-Powertrain, for use with both leaded Avgas and unleaded fuel.
- Do not use AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 in engines that are designed to use aviation piston engine oils approved under the SAE J-1899 or SAE J-1966 specifications. This includes air-cooled Continental Motors and Textron Lycoming engines.
- Please consult Operating Handbook/Manual to confirm the correct lubricant specification before use.
Looking for any other schmierstoffe product in AEROSHELL LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.