SHELL VSI 8235 (CONCENTRATE)
Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) PROTECTS AGAINST RUSTING IN ENCLOSED VAPOUR SPACES
Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) is an oil soluble concentrate that has the ability to protect steel surfaceswhich are above the normal oil level in a system e.g. the vapour spaces in an oil storage tank or the oil reservoir in a circulation system.
- Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) contains polar materials which are both oil soluble and also volatile. Thus, as Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) is in circulation, the vapour spaces in a system are continuously kept filled with the VSI vapour which is formed by these inhibitors and this vapour continuously blankets metal surfaces to protect them from corrosion.
- Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) should be added to the lubricant contained in the sump or in the oil tank a few hours before the equipment is stopped. For new pieces of equipment which will be stored after trial, the lubricant/Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) mixture could be totally or partially drained out after the trial run provided however, that a small quantity of mixture is kept in the sump. If the oil temperature remains lower than 25°C, the distance between the upper internal surfaces to be protected and the oil level in the machine must be less than two metres.
- The anti-corrosion performance of the lubricant/Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) mixture and the durability of the protection provided are dependent on the degree of ventilation of the system and the oil temperature. The performance can be improved by raising the oil temperature before stopping the equipment and by sealing the vents of the machine concerned.
- The internal protection of large oil tanks will be improved by brushing or spraying the surfaces to be protected with the lubricant/Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) mixture.
- Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) has no detrimental effects on the individual and special properties of the lubricant to which it is added. The mixture can be used as the service lubricant when the equipment is returned to or put in operation.
WHEN SHELL VSI 8235 (CONCENTRATE) IS USED AT 2% VOLUME SOLUTION IN THE SYSTEM OIL OF EQUIPMENT TO BE PROTECTED, IT:
- Enhances the anti-corrosion performance of the lubricant it is added to.
- Provides corrosion protection of enclosed spaces above the lubricant level by blanketing the metal surfaces to be protected by means of volatile corrosion inhibitors.
Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) is an oil soluble concentrate that has the ability to protect steel surfaces which are above the normal oil level in a system – the vapour spaces in an oil storage tank or the oil reservoir in a circulation system would be examples.
Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) is recommended for use in all enclosed oil lubrication systems where rusting is likely to occur because of the presence of steam condensate or atmospheric moisture in the system.
TYPICAL APPLICATIONS ARE:
- Oil lubricated rolling bearing and gear housings, reservoirs, oil piping, and similar circulation system components.
- Machine tool housings where the machines may be idle over a weekend or for even longer periods of time.
- Steam turbine lubrication systems where corrosion of oil gravity tanks or oil storage tank walls and overheads is occurring.
- Any machinery that is actually idle or in intermittent use and which is therefore susceptible to rusting because the oil in use gradually drains down from internal surfaces.
Shell VSI 8235 (Concentrate) is recommended for use at 2% volume solution and is added to the existing oil already in the equipment.
It should not be used at higher concentrations as this may result in equipment damage.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Schmierstoffe? Just give us a call.