SHELL TONNA S3 M
Shell Tonna S3 M is a HIGH PERFORMANCE LUBRICANT FOR MACHINE TOOL SLIDEWAYS
Shell Tonna S3 M is specially designed for the lubrication of machine tool slides and tables. It is based on highly refined mineral oils and contain additives to enhance its tackiness, anti-wear and stick-slip characteristics. It is specially recommended in cases where high precision and low speed machines are used as well as where there are combined lubrication systems.
EXCELLENT FRICTIONAL PROPERTIES
- Specially developed to overcome ‘stick-slip‘ problems with slow moving machine tool slides and tables, allowing more accurate positioning. This provides major benefits of improved surface finish and dimensional accuracy of workpieces.
- Developed in conjunction with machine tool manufacturers to meet the requirements of the most advanced machine tools using a wide variety of slideway materials.
GOOD SLIDEWAY ADHESION
- Provides strong adhesion to slideway surfaces, resisting wash-off by metalworking fluids.
READY SEPARATION FROM WATER-EXTENDIBLE CUTTING FLUIDS
- Separates readily from water-extendible metalworking oils allowing easy removal by skimming.
EXCELLENT ANTI-WEAR PERFORMANCE
- Provides high levels of anti-wear protection for slideways, gears, bearings and hydraulic system components.
EXCELLENT CORROSION PREVENTION CHARACTERISTICS
- Provides effective protection of machine tool surfaces and components in the presence of water-extendible cutting fluids.
MACHINE TOOL SLIDEWAYS, TABLES AND FEED MECHANISMS
- Developed for use on a wide range of materials used for machine tool slideway surfaces, including cast iron and synthetic materials.
MACHINE TOOL HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS
- Particularly recommended for machines which have a combined hydraulic and slideway lubrication system.
MACHINE TOOL GEARBOXES AND SPINDLES
- Also suitable for gear and headstock lubrication.
- The lower viscosity grade is intended for horizontal slide lubrication (Shell Tonna S3 M 68). For vertical slides use Shell Tonna S3 M 220.
SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
MEETS THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATIONS
- ISO 11158
- ISO 6743-4 HM and HG
- ISO 12925-1
- ISO 6743-6 CKC
- ISO 19378
- ISO 6743-13 GA and GB
- DIN CGLP
- Cincinnati Machine P-50 (ISO 220) P-47 (ISO 68)
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Schmierstoffe? Just give us a call.