Shell Sirius X
Shell Sirius X is a Super High Performance Diesel Engine Oil
Shell Sirius X is a top quality lubricant, of the Super High Performance Diesel Engine Oil (SHPDO) class. It is designed for the highest output, high-speed diesel engines, burning distillate fuel and is formulated to give better engine protection and longer drain intervals than normal diesel engine oils.
Shell Sirius X is especially suitable for the high power/weight units used in fast vessels and compact generator sets.
- High-speed diesel engines operating on distillate fuels
- N.B. Not suitable for N. American automotive type engines, for which API CF-4 type oils are required.
Outstanding piston cleanliness
- Free-running piston rings, even under difficult operational conditions, ensuring maximum reliability.
Exceptional protection against bore polishing
- Control of blow-by and oil consumption, preserving engine efficiency. SHPDO type oils are preferred by many engine manufacturers to guard against bore polishing.
Exceptional engine cleanliness
- Ability to retain high levels of soot safely in suspension, even with extended drain intervals.
Oxidation resistance twice that of conventional oils
- Ability to withstand high temperatures for longer, in severe service or with extended drain intervals.
High reserve alkalinity
- A TBN-E (total base number) of 17 to neutralise acids and provide corrosion protection until the next drain interval, even with the higher sulphur levels sometimes found in marine distillate fuels.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Schmierstoffe? Just give us a call.