Shell Irus Fluids DU
Shell Irus Fluids DU is a High performance less flammable hydraulic fluids
Shell Irus Fluids DU are advanced, synthetic, anhydrous less flammable hydraulic fluids based on organic esters and proven additives. These ISO Class HFDU fluids are specially designed to provide good performance in conventional hydraulic systems and have better fire resistance than mineral oils. They are also biodegradable with a low ecotoxicity, and are particularly suited for use in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Typical applications for Irus DU are to be found in the tunnel boring, metal, mining and glass industries. Irus Fluids can replace mineral oils in hydraulic installations to provide good lubrication and a higher degree of fire resistance.
Performance Features and Benefits
- Lower flammability than mineral oils.
- Readily biodegradable – biodegraded by >60% after 28 days when tested in OECD 301 B (CO2 evolution test).
- Low ecotoxicity – ‘not harmful’ to plants (algae), invertebrates (Daphnia sp.) and fish; EL50/LL50
>100 mg/l when tested as water-accommodated fractions in OECD 201, OECD 202 and OECD 203.
- Excellent viscosity/temperature characteristics – minimum change of viscosity with variation in
operating temperature, giving true ‘multigrade’ characteristics.
- Pump anti-wear protection similar to mineral hydraulic oils.
- Low flammability maintained during the life of the fluid.
- Excellent corrosion protection.
- Compatible with most materials specified for use with mineral oils.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Schmierstoffe? Just give us a call.