Shell Gadus S5 V142W 00
Shell Gadus S5 V142W 00 Is a transmission fluid grease
Advance Performance Semifluid Gear Grease
Shell Gadus S5 V142W is a synthetic, semi-fluid gear lubricant developed to meet the highest requirements of
industrial gearboxes allowing long life trouble free operation.
Performance, Features & Benefits
- Small industrial gear boxes can be lubricated for life with this
- Reduced power consumption and lower bulk lubricant
- Lower start up torque compared with a conventional grease. ·
- Reduced lubricant leakage : top up usually not required. ·
The load carrying capacity of the base oil in Shell Gadus S5
V142W is extremely good. In steel-steel scuffing tests using the
IAE gear rig, under standard conditions, the load carrying
capacity is some 65% higher than an equi-viscous mineral oil,
without using EP additives.
Use of a proven product with excellent track records in many
types of gear boxes (David Brown, SEW, Leroy-Somer, etc.) in
severe service and wide range of operation conditions.
- Small industrial gear units ·
- Worm gears the low steel/tin-bronze frictional characteristics
of Shell Gadus S5 V142W make it particularly suitable for
worm gears having this combination of alloys.
- Steel/Aluminium-bronze: Shell Gadus S5 V142W is not
recommended for the combination steel/aluminium- bronze,
for which a grease based on a higher viscosity mineral oil is
- Flushing and filling with Shell Gadus S5 V142W: is a synthetic
polyglycol based lubricant and must not be mixed with mineral
oils. Care should be taken when changing over from oil or
conventional grease. Flushing with a thin mineral oil will ensure,
as far as possible, freedom from solid contaminants and
deterioration products resulting from previous use of gear oils
or greases. It is important to ensure that none of the flushing oil
remains in the gearbox. When refilling the gearbox with Shell
Gadus S5 V142W every precaution should be taken to ensure
complete cleanliness. For optimum performance from both
gearbox and lubricant, only the amount recommended by the
gearbox manufacturer should be used.
- Paints. High quality red lead or epoxy resin paints are
recommended for use in contact with Shell Gadus S5 V142W,
as the synthetic polyglycol component will tend to attack certain
- Seals. Shell Gadus S5 V142W may be used satisfactorily with
all normal seal materials. Leather seals are not recommended
as the natural fats tend to be removed, leaving the seals thin
Looking for any other schmierstoffe product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.