SHELL GADUS S3 REPAIR
Shell Gadus S3 Repair is a PREMIUM OPEN GEAR RUNNING IN GREASE CONTAINING SOLIDS
PREVIOUSLY SHELL MALLEUS RN
Shell Gadus S3 Repair is a high performance sprayable running in aluminium complex grease, based on a part synthetic base oil blend and contains micronised graphite as solid lubricant. The product chemistry is designed to cause a well-controlled smoothening process to reduce surfaces roughness on new and damaged open gearing.
Shell Gadus S3 Repair not only designed to reduce surface roughness of first time operating open gears but also improves used tooth flanks surface with a ‘cleaning’ and corrective effect.
The product can also be used in case of light tooth damage smoothing surface roughness on the load carrying tooth flanks and increasing the contact area.
SUPERIOR RUNNING IN PERFORMANCE
- Shell Gadus S3 Repair advanced formulation is designed to ensure a well-controlled smoothening process through chemical reaction in the zones being under higher load. This controlled wear process is designed to allow the gearing to obtain the maximum load distribution between the girth and pinion gearing.
PERIODIC SMOOTH LAPPING OF TOOTH PROFILE
- It is considered to be a good maintenance practice to apply a 180 kg drum of Shell Gadus S3 Repair once per year, or every 6,000 hours of operation, to remove fatigue micro-cracks or micro-pitting (not really visible to the naked eye) well before they increase in size, causing long-term future irreversible damage.
ENDORSED BY LEADING OPEN GEAR MANUFACTURERS
- Ferry Capitain, one of the major open gear manufacturers, endorses Shell Gadus S3 Repair.
- Shell Gadus S3 Repair is bitumen and solvent free.
For mining, cement, steel industries and power stations, open gears on:
- Grinding mills
- Rotary kilns and dryers.
Shell Gadus S3 Repair is a ready-to-use product, which can be applied through conventional automatic lubrication spraying systems or manual pressurised-air hand spraying equipment. It is important to consult the appropriate consumption charts to determine the specified quantities of lubricant to apply. Incorrect consumption quantities could result in tooth damage.
OPERATING TEMPERATURE RANGE
- Automatic spraying system from -15°C to 100°C.
- Lubrication film from -30°C up to 200°C.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Schmierstoffe? Just give us a call.