Shell Corena S4 R 46
SHELL Corena S4 R 46 is an Advanced Synthetic Rotary Air Compressor Oil
Shell Corena S4 R is primarily an advanced synthetic air compressor oil incorporating a unique high performance
additive system. It is designed to deliver the highest performance lubrication of rotary sliding vane and screw air
compressors. It uses an advanced additive system to provide excellent protection and performance for compressors
running at pressures over 25 bar and in excess of 100 C discharge temperatures with oil maintenance intervals of up
to 12,000 hours. Shell Corena S4 R is also perfectly suitable to cover applications where a synthetic bearing &
circulating oil or R&O oil (ISO VG 32-68) is needed.
Performance, Features & Benefits
Long oil life – Maintenance saving
- hell Corena S4 R is capable of providing oil maintenance intervals of up to 12,000 hours (where allowed by
manufacturers) even when operating at maximum discharge temperatures in excess of 100 C.
The advanced formulation of Shell Corena S4 R helps deliver exceptional oil life through:
- Exceptional resistance to thermal and chemical breakdown
- Resist formation of deposits on rotating components in screw compressors and in sliding vane slots for continuous efficient operation.
- Exceptionally low levels of deposit formation to help maintain excellent internal surface cleanliness particularly in oil/air separator and coalescer systems.
- Exact oil maintenance interval will depend on intake air quality, duty cycle and ambient conditions. For hot and humid type climates as found in the Asian and Pacific regions, a reduced oil drain period is recommended (consult OEM recommendations).
Outstanding wear protection
- Shell Corena S4 R helps provide exceptional protection and protection of internal metal surfaces from corrosion and wear.
- It contains an advanced ashless anti-wear system to help prolong the life of critical parts such as bearings and gears.
Maintaining system efficiency
- Shell Corena S4 R is designed to provide rapid air release without excessive foaming to give trouble-free operation even under cycling conditions helping to ensure reliable start-up and continuous compressed air availability.
- Shell Corena S4 R has low volatility and oil carryover to provide reduced oil top-up requirements in combination with increased air quality.
- In addition, Shell Corena S4 R has excellent water separation properties to help ensure continuous efficient operation of the compressor even in the presence of water.
Rotary sliding vane and screw air compressors
- Shell Corena S4 R is suitable for oil-flooded/oil injected, single or two-stage compressors, operating at pressures of in excess of 25 bar and with air discharge temperatures of over 100C (including intermittent operation under these conditions).
Severe service conditions
- May also be used where exceptionally high ambient temperatures are found, when the oil temperature cannot be reduced to normal levels.
- The product is recommended for use in ABB turbochargers fitted to low and medium speed diesel engines used in marine and power generation applications.
Looking for any other schmierstoffe product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.