Shell Corena S2 R 46
Shell Corena S2 R 46 is a Rotary Air Compressor Oil
Shell Corena S2 R is a high quality detergent based air compressor oil designed to deliver reliable lubrication of rotary sliding vane and screw air compressors. It uses a well established detergent containing additive system to provide good protection and performance for compressors running at up to 15 bar and 1000 C discharge temperatures with oil maintenance intervals of up to 4000 hours.
Performance, Features & Benefits
Long oil life – Maintenance saving.
Shell Corena S2 R is capable of providing oil maintenance intervals of up to 4000 hours (where allowed by manufacturers) even when operating at maximum discharge temperatures of up to 100 C.
It is formulated to help:
- Resist formation of carbon deposits in sliding vane slots in vane compressors
- Resist formation of deposits on rotating components in screw compressors
- Maintain excellent internal surface cleanliness particularly in oil/air separator and coalescer systems.
- Exact oil maintenance interval will depend on intake air quality, duty cycle and ambient conditions. For hot and humid type climates as found in the Asian and Pacific regions, a reduced oil drain period is recommended (consult OEM recommendations).
Outstanding wear protection
- With many years of successful application, Shell Corena S2 R helps provide effective protection of internal metal surfaces from corrosion and wear.
- It contains a well proven anti-wear system to help prolong the life of critical parts such as bearings and gears.
Maintaining system efficiency
- Air release and prevention of foaming are critical performance characteristics in a compressor oil, ensuring
reliable start-up and continuous compressed air availability.
- Shell Corena S2 R is designed to provide rapid air release without excessive foaming to give trouble-free operation even under cycling conditions.
- In addition, Shell Corena S2 R allows the separation of wateroil emulsions from the air stream in oil/air separators and dryer units.
Rotary sliding vane air compressors
- Suitable for oil flooded / oil injected vane type air compressors.
Screw air compressors
- Suitable for oil flooded / oil injected air compressors, operating at up to 15 bar and 1000
C air discharge temperatures.
- Machines running in mobile equipment, e.g. construction sites, railways, particularly in severe environments
Rotary vacuum pumps
- Shell Corena S2 R may be used in applications such as rotary and sliding vane vacuum pumps. For medium vacuum pressures approaching 1×10-3 mbar it is suggested that Shell Vacuum Pump Oil S2 R 100 be used.
Looking for any other product in SHELL ENGINE OIL & LUBRICANTS or other Schmierstoffe? Just give us a call.