Q8 Mahler G4 SAE 40 Is a medium/low ash gas engine oil.
Medium/low ash gas engine oil
• Gas engine oil for application with natural gas, operating at mild to severe conditions.
• Q8 Mahler G4 was specifically developed with a low deposit tendency and a high resistance against pre-ignition or knocking.
• Q8 Mahler G4 is specifically designed for high pressure gas engines (BMEP: 22 Bar or above), but is also suitable for gas engines with a
• Q8 Mahler G4 can also be used to lubricate reciprocating compressors in which natural gas is compressed and pressures do not exceed
10.000 kPa. Using Q8 Mahler G4 in both the gas engine and the gas compressor will simplify the lubricant inventory.
• Officially approved by:
• GE Jenbacher 2 and 3 series operating on fuel class A (natural gas)
• GE Jenbacher 4 (type B) and 6 (type C + E) series operating on fuel class A (natural gas) and B (biogas)
• Caterpillar Energy Solutions GmbH, CG132, CG170 and CG260 engines operating on all gas types
• Caterpillar Energy Solutions GmbH (prev. MWM GmbH), all MWM gas engines operating on all gas types.
• Deutz AG, 913, 914 and 2015 series engines
• Exceeds the requirements of a wide range of equipment manufacturers and is recommended for use in:
• GE Waukesha, GE Jenbacher, Caterpillar Energy Solutions (CAT and MWM engines), Deutz, Guascor Power, MAN Truck & Bus, MTU
Onsite Energy, Wärtsilä, Perkins, Liebherr, 2G and Cummins
• Low deposit tendency
• Good resistance against pre-ignition
• Long service life due to a high oxidation resistance
• Good detergency secures clean engine components
• Good resistance against nitration
• Protects against valve seat recession
• Good acid neutralising capacities
• Protects against rust and corrosion
© 2020 DM-SCHMIERSTOFFSERVICE GMBH. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.