AEROSHELL Turbine Oil 555
AeroShell Turbine Oil 555 is an advanced 5 mm2/s synthetic hindered ester oil incorporating a finely balanced blend of additives to improve thermal and oxidation stability and to increase the load carrying ability of the base oil.
- AeroShell Turbine Oil 555 was specifically developed to meet the high temperatures and load carrying requirements of SST engines and the DEF STAN 91-100 (formerly DERD 2497) and XAS-2354 specifications. AeroShell Turbine Oil 555 was also designed to give enhanced performance in current engines.
- More recently with the need to transmit more power and higher loads through helicopter transmission and gearbox systems (many helicopters use a synthetic turbine engine oil in the transmission/gearbox system) it has become apparent that the use of a very good load carrying oil, such as AeroShell Turbine Oil 555 is necessary. This in turn has led to the development of a U.S. Military Specification, DOD-L-85734, which covers a helicopter transmission oil against which AeroShell Turbine Oil 555 is fully approved.
- AeroShell Turbine Oil 555 contains a synthetic ester oil and should not be used in contact with incompatible seal materials and it also affects some paints and plastics.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- Approved DOD-PRF-85734A (US)
- Approved DEF STAN 91-100 (British)
- Note: both UK and US production are manufactured to the same formulation.
- NATO Code O-160
- Joint Service Designation OX-26
- Pratt & Whitney : Approved 521C Type II
- General Electric : Approved D-50 TF 1
- Allison : Approved EMS-53 (Obsolete)
- AeroShell Turbine Oil 555 is approved for use in all models of the following engines:
- Honeywell : Auxiliary Power Units GTCP 30, 36, 85, 331, 660 and 700 series
Looking for any other product in AEROSHELL LUBRICANTS or other Lubricant ? Just give us a call.